ㆍ This study aimed to examine the current status of teaching materials and tools in kindergarten and suggest specific standard and guideline for the quality of teaching materials and tools in kindergarten.
ㆍSurvey targeting 409 teachers of 409 kindergartens in nationwide 17 cities and provinces for examining the current status of teaching materials and tools in kindergarten
ㆍExperts meeting and advisory conference with professors in Early Childhood Education, kindergarten teachers and education experts for developing guideline of kindergarten’s teaching materials and tools
ㆍCurrent status and demands of teaching materials and tools in kindergarten
- Teachers mostly planned and produced the teaching materials and tools in person but also had difficulties in lack of time, purchasing missing components, absence of appropriate teaching materials and tools to teaching contents and high price of the materials.
- Most kindergartens had more than 3 items to less than 5 items for indoor activity and none to less than 3 items for outdoor activity.
- Respondents tended to think the materials had to be more frequently cleaned and disinfected and suggested damaged and lost items had to be included in the management register.
- Kindergarten’s experience rate in seeking advice or evaluation on the quality of the materials was low, and establishing management plan of the materials and training and consulting for the development of the high-quality materials were required.
ㆍ Guideline of kindergarten’s teaching materials and tools
- Suggested fundamental guideline for appropriate teaching materials and tools for indoor/outdoor activity to the development of 3,4,5 year olds.
- Suggested application plan for the proper management of teaching materials and tools by interest areas.
ㆍ To the central government, disseminate the guideline and application plan of the teaching materials and tools, disseminate wash equipment and disinfector for the material’s hygiene management, introduce certification system of superior teaching materials and tools.
ㆍ To local governments, reconsider supporting range of teaching materials and tools’ cost, develop the materials, expand rental system and offer detailed information on laws and standards of the materials’ disinfection.
ㆍ To kindergartens, increase the number of part-time staff for producing and managing the teaching materials and tools and conduct consulting service related with the materials.
Table Of Contents
Ⅱ. 연구의 배경
Ⅲ. 유치원 교재교구의 실태 및 요구
Ⅳ. 유치원 교재교구 구비 기준(안) 및 활용안
Ⅴ. 정책 제언