ㆍ This study analyzed current working conditions of child care staff in charge of healthㆍnutritionㆍsafety(nurse, nutritionist, kitchen staff) and established guideline on optimum arrangement and for official standards for increasing specialty of child care staff and contributing to the effective management of young children’s healthㆍnutritionㆍsafety.
ㆍInterview with 410 presidents of day care centers on employing child care staff in charge of healthㆍnutritionㆍsafety and current standards for arrangements and job descriptions.
ㆍHost experts meeting composed of presidents and child care staffs related with healthㆍnutritionㆍsafety for an in-depth discussion on definitions and descriptions of each job.
ㆍOn matters relating with job
- 78.3% answered that they were well aware of job descriptions but 71.2% felt difficulty in arranging safety areas.
- As for job manual, 69% were appeared to utilize information on child care business.
ㆍ Current working conditions and demands: Nurse
- Institute with over 100 workers is obliged to hire a nurse but 78.4 % followed the rule.
- 61.5% answered their workloads were proper.
- Main job descriptions were appeared to be first aid, patient caring and medication in sequence.
ㆍ Current working conditions and demands: nutritionist and kitchen staff
- Main job descriptions of nutritionist were menu planning and nutrition management, and hygiene and cooking for Kitchen staff.
- Opinions that the number of full-time nutritionist or co-managed day care center had to be reduced were numerous, and 63.7% of kitchen staffs answered their workloads were heavy. Lowering arrangement standard was also suggested.
ㆍ Current working conditions and demands: safety related
- 88% thought president had to directly manage and control the safety issue. Checklist for safety check would be helpful.
- Answered that protecting and managing children was the most important issue but difficult to handle at the same time.
ㆍ Proper arrangement of child care-related human resources is important along with specifically stating job description for the specialty of child care staff.
ㆍAs for nurses, maintain the current status but allow co-management or visiting nurse system in case the arrangement is difficult.
ㆍAs for nutritionists, the institute with over 100 workers should hire 1 nutritionist but there should be a need to diversify the arrangement standards for a flexible management by institute’s type.
ㆍAs for kitchen staffs, the current standard for arrangement excludes the number of adults working in the institute, and the workload of each staff appeared to be heavy. For this, lowering arrangement standard is necessary.
ㆍFor securing the specialty of child care staff, education and systematic management of human resources are required.
Table Of Contents
Ⅱ. 연구의 배경
Ⅲ. 보육교직원의 직무 관련 법·제도
Ⅳ. 보육교직원의 직무활동 사례
Ⅴ. 보육교직원의 직무내용과 요구
Ⅵ. 결론 및 정책 제언