l The purpose of this study was to provide selection criteria, process, and detailed management plan of continuing education institute, which was implemented by local governments.
l Compare and contrast selection criteria and procedure of current continuing education institute for daycare teachers and similar institutes in the education and welfare area.
l Survey of personnel in charge of continuing education institutes and local governments.
l Operation Status of Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- There were 104 nationwide institutes in 2014.
- 40 institutes were operated by the daycare teacher training center, affiliated with a college; 20 institutes by non-profit private education centers; 41 by colleges; and 3 by other institutes(Korea Childcare Promotion Institute(Seoul), Hwaseong Childcare Total Support Center(Gyeonggi), Chungnam Childcare Center Federation(Chungnam)). Only Gyeonggi and Seoul have over 20 continuing education institutes.
- For the number of applicants for continuing education, it was decreased in all regions, except Daejeon. Relatively, completion rate was very high.
- Average professor rate per institute was 21.1(5.7 full-time professors, 15.4 adjunct part-time professors)
l Selection Process of the Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- Selection process of continuing education institute was controlled by the local governments and main agent was a local governor, who made an annual plan at the end of February, based on the education demand survey in the district.
- Consigned institute for continuing education was decided by the evaluation of local childcare policy committee and the selection process was as follows: plan the selection process of consigned institute, call for proposals and application period, select the consigned institute and make a contract, and announcement of consigned institute.
l Improving the Selection Procedure of the Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- Selection Process: investigating demand – call for proposal/application period evaluation of local government and childcare policy committee, establishment of education plan and public expense – establishment of detailed plan and implementation – result report and evaluation
- Selection Criteria: the local childcare policy committee conducted quantitative and qualitative assessment. For the quantitative assessment, basic requirements and evaluation items by applied institutes(16 items under 4 new areas, 20 items under 4 original areas) were reviewed, while for qualitative assessment, 5 items under degree of fitness were evaluated.
- Documents: Checklist by local government, evaluation table of education management, and qualitative evaluation.
l Make common criteria of selection process and criteria of continuing education institute in order to improve the teacher quality and childcare service.
l Evaluate the continuing education institute in consideration of the local government inspection, discussion of local childcare policy committee, and consumer satisfaction.
Table Of Contents
Ⅱ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 운영 및 선정 현황
Ⅲ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 선정 개선에 대한 의견
Ⅳ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 선정 개선 방안