l The purpose of this study was to provide selection criteria, process, and detailed management plan of continuing education institute, which was implemented by local governments.
l Compare and contrast selection criteria and procedure of current continuing education institute for daycare teachers and similar institutes in the education and welfare area.
l Survey of personnel in charge of continuing education institutes and local governments.
l Operation Status of Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- There were 104 nationwide institutes in 2014.
- 40 institutes were operated by the daycare teacher training center, affiliated with a college; 20 institutes by non-profit private education centers; 41 by colleges; and 3 by other institutes(Korea Childcare Promotion Institute(Seoul), Hwaseong Childcare Total Support Center(Gyeonggi), Chungnam Childcare Center Federation(Chungnam)). Only Gyeonggi and Seoul have over 20 continuing education institutes.
- For the number of applicants for continuing education, it was decreased in all regions, except Daejeon. Relatively, completion rate was very high.
- Average professor rate per institute was 21.1(5.7 full-time professors, 15.4 adjunct part-time professors)
l Selection Process of the Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- Selection process of continuing education institute was controlled by the local governments and main agent was a local governor, who made an annual plan at the end of February, based on the education demand survey in the district.
- Consigned institute for continuing education was decided by the evaluation of local childcare policy committee and the selection process was as follows: plan the selection process of consigned institute, call for proposals and application period, select the consigned institute and make a contract, and announcement of consigned institute.
l Improving the Selection Procedure of the Continuing Education Institute for Daycare Teachers
- Selection Process: investigating demand – call for proposal/application period evaluation of local government and childcare policy committee, establishment of education plan and public expense – establishment of detailed plan and implementation – result report and evaluation
- Selection Criteria: the local childcare policy committee conducted quantitative and qualitative assessment. For the quantitative assessment, basic requirements and evaluation items by applied institutes(16 items under 4 new areas, 20 items under 4 original areas) were reviewed, while for qualitative assessment, 5 items under degree of fitness were evaluated.
- Documents: Checklist by local government, evaluation table of education management, and qualitative evaluation.
l Make common criteria of selection process and criteria of continuing education institute in order to improve the teacher quality and childcare service.
l Evaluate the continuing education institute in consideration of the local government inspection, discussion of local childcare policy committee, and consumer satisfaction.
Table Of Contents
요약 Ⅰ. 서론 Ⅱ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 운영 및 선정 현황 Ⅲ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 선정 개선에 대한 의견 Ⅳ. 보육교직원 보수교육기관 선정 개선 방안 부록